Assistant Publicist - Film
The Premier Film team
Premier is the UK’s leading specialist communications agency for entertainment, arts and culture. With over 20 years of specialist knowledge across film, television, publishing, gaming, classical music, performing arts, consumer brands and not for profit, Premier provides a complete creative communications solution.
The Film team works across all genres of film for both theatrical and streaming releases. From indie breakouts to awards juggernauts and everything in between, the Film team collaborate with a wide range of filmmakers, distributors and journalists. Recent titles have included THE FRENCH DISPATCH, EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE, WEST SIDE STORY, CENSOR, SPENCER, THE DUKE, THE UNBEARABLE WEIGHT OF MASSIVE TALENT, MEN, A HERO. The Film team is part of the wider Filmed Entertainment Division at Premier.
An Assistant Publicist will be part of an account team working primarily on UK theatrical and streaming titles and will provide administrative support as required on unit and festival projects. They will also provide administrative and logistical support to the wider Film team as required and provide assistance in other PR areas.
Key tasks (theatrical accounts)
- Draft and distribute press advisories and screening invitations, with the oversight of senior team members
- Manage screening RSVPs, gather reactions as directed and ensure all screening reports are updated as required as well as issuing screening links where appropriate.
- Update client and internal reports as required
- Ensure press interest and requests are forwarded to the appropriate team members
- Manage the distribution of photography and other assets and materials with the oversight of senior team members
- Track coverage and circulate to clients, ensuring all coverage is logged and filed as required
- Attend client meetings, virtually or in person, if required and be a point of contact for the client
- Provide support for red-carpets and other events as required
- Provide support for junkets, both virtual and in person, including assisting with press check-in
- Book screenings, liaising with venues and clients as required
- Sign in press screenings at preview theatres in central London
- Participate in brainstorms for campaigns and undertake research for proposals
Key tasks (Film team general)
- Keep abreast of film media personnel move and changes, and ensure that the database and relevant reports are updated, and that changes and updates are communicated to the Film team
- Develop key media contacts and acquire up to date knowledge of review and preview deadlines, plus feature opportunities
- Research and compile specialist press lists as directed
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge, and take an active interest in, the film industry as a whole including monitoring media, both consumer and trade publications
- Deal with or forward emails and enquiries (in other team members’ absence) as appropriate
- Update Film team internal documents and reports as required
- Manage weekend and weekly newspaper reading assignments
- Maintain the Film team stationery cupboard and supplies
- Assign tasks to interns and explain how the task relates to the overall work
Key admin tasks (festival accounts)
- Collate or oversee the collation of client reports as required
- Monitor online and social media coverage for reporting around festival screenings, both international and UK
- Support the Festivals Manager in preparing for international festivals
- Distribute festival press releases and update relevant press contact information as required
Key admin tasks (unit publicity accounts)
- Collate client reports including coverage
- Distribute press releases
- Log interest and respond to press enquiries in a timely manner
- Transcribe EPK interviews or oversee the transcription by team interns
- Assist with approvals process for photography
Key tasks (company-wide)
- Follow all house systems and styles
- Occasional Premier all-company assistance as requested by your line manager
In addition to the above, members of the Film team have the opportunity to get involved in assisting the Awards teams with their screening programmes and Q&As and helping the team responsible for events with premiere red carpets, sometimes for projects that the Film team are not otherwise involved in. Day to day responsibilities will always take priority.
The Assistant Publicist will report directly to a Senior Account Director, and indirectly to the heads of the department.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the above criteria, to email@example.com with reference/subject line 'Assistant Publicist - Film' as soon as possible.
We do read every CV sent in but can only respond to those that seem to be a good fit. We wish everyone good luck with their job search.